Have I got a deal for you. You can
- support great writing (i.e. not mine) and
- feel great about yourself and
- advertise on the only best blog about Weston
And you can do it for $30. What a steal, right?
You’ve met Natalie. She’s fantastic. She has been pouring hours and hours of writing into WestonWeb. She takes great pictures. She writes great stories. And, most importantly, she brings us a voice we don’t often see around here: young, vibrant, optimistic, smart, and awesome.
And she gets paid. By readers like you.
Natalie has a big heart, but I wouldn’t ask her to write for nothing. (Roy? He works for beer.) And that’s where you come in. Here’s the deal:
You give me $30. I’ll give every cent to Natalie, who will write a post about a topic she chooses. (Sorry–you can’t choose the topic.)
You get a link and a sweet little blurb saying something like this:
“P&M’s is the best restaurant in town, and we’re moving to a new location. Eventually.”
And you get to feel awesome for giving just about the finest young person in town a good job contributing back to her community.
If you want to give more or less than $30, let me know. We can work something out.
Let’s do this.
I take Paypal, cash, cheques, and beer.
Already decided? Go for it. Click through. Or email, call, or text: adam (at) adamnorman.com, (647) 470-9229.
But wait. There’s more.
For $90, I’ll make you a great deal. I’ll put your ad over there on the left-hand side (rotating with the ads of other contributors so that people will pay attention to it) and you can sponsor three posts. I’ll run your ad for six months. And Natalie will get every cent.
$30—you are awesome. I love you. Your community will love you. You will put your name and/or establishment in front of thousands of monthly viewers.
$90—bulk deal. Three text ads, a graphic ad, and a huge “Thank you” from me and the community.
There’s some fine print.
The fine print.
- If you decide to advertise, your ad has to be no less classy than the rest of the site (that’s not too classy, in case you haven’t noticed. But, you know, I’m not going to take advertisements from ‘massage’ parlours or whatnot.) I’ll refund your money if we can’t work something out.
- The text ads can be, say, 40-or-so words long.
- The graphic ads must be 160 pixels wide and 600 long. You can get them built on Fiverr.com for $5, or we can figure something out.
- Your money does not buy you any editorial control. This part is important: You can’t choose the topic of your post.
- This too is important, don’t do this if you’re counting on making a million bucks from new visitors. Only do it if it makes you feel good helping a local young person.