I would like to start air-quality and sound-level monitoring around Weston and Mount Dennis. My plan (it’s not much of a plan) is this:
- I’ll write a grant proposal to get some Arduino-based monitors
- Maybe I’ll get the grant
- We’ll install them around town
- We’ll collect, publicize, and analyze the data regularly on the blog.
I think this could be important work: we live near the busiest highway in Canada and an important train corridor. We could see how things are, and whether they are improving or worsening.
To get the grant, I need (among other things) a community partner. To make this work, we’ll also need some people who could check in on the little monitors and make sure they’re still plugged in and connected to the internet. Schools would be natural partners—but I’ve not yet found the local schools responsive.
That’s where you come in, dear reader:
- Do you know any community partners?
- Have any ins at the schools?