Here’s an idea: take something everyone has loved since childhood: an activity that is wonderful, fun, cheap, good for the community and the environment—and charge people to do it. But don’t stop there: get the cops off of the crime beat. Get them ticketing people on bikes—and make every kid on wheels fear the cops.
- Each license would cost as much as a bike
- Kids ride bikes
- The city does not have the jurisdiction
- Cops have better things to do
- It doesn’t reduce poor cycling
- It discourages something great