Devastating fire rips through local apartment

Fire trucks, police cars and ambulances were speeding down Gary Drive this afternoon.  An apartment above Brioni Supermarket caught fire. The resident, unfortunately, was inside.

An off-duty fire fighter was shopping in the store when the fire broke out.  He managed to get the female resident downstairs where he performed CPR until emergency crews arrived.  According to City News, the woman is in hospital with second- and third-degree burns.

It appears as if fire fighters managed to prevent the fire from spreading to the neighbouring stores and apartments. There is very serious damage, though, to the building. There is a large pile of charred rubble in the parking lot, charring on the brick, and the upstairs window is gone and covered with plastic.

The heroic firefighter will, according to the Star, be given the Rescue Merit Award.

Thank you to a reader for the tip.

Author: Adam Norman

I am raising my two children in Weston.

3 thoughts on “Devastating fire rips through local apartment”

Comments are closed.