The sirens were loud and long last week, but the fallout continues even now. The flood last week hurt many people, but perhaps none more than the poor souls in Toronto Community Housing who had a fire. Two units were badly affected, according to InsideToronto, one on the 10th floor, and one on the 11th.
Your humble correspondent’s guess is that the fire was caused by candles being used after the power went out. Commenters on WestonWeb noted that smoke had charred even the outside of the building.
The WKNC is accepting donations of clothing, food, and housewares for those affected. Some residents, according the InsideToronto, lost everything.