Metrolinx is seeking your
blessing, permission, input, cover as they start a round of consultation on their “community charter” . They say they are
working hard to put residents and communities at the very centre of everything we do.
The charter is “to give meaningful and measureable [sic] form to our commitment to communities”.
Weston has long been railroaded by the provincial transportation organization. Off the top of my head, they:
- Spent $500 million+ on the jet-setting elites even though they knew it was a dud
- Expropriated homes while denying that they were doing so
- Wasted gob-smacking amounts of money
- Delayed opening the long-overdue pedestrian bridge
- Screwed up building noise walls in our community
- And continue to publish, of all things, an in-ride magazine for a money-losing train
all while having plenty of community consultations on exactly what colours the deck chairs should be.
If, unlike me, you think that Metrolinx still has moral net assets, you can give your opinion.