Ward 11 now has a city-sponsored committee advocating for pedestrians and bicyclists, and your correspondent is delighted to be a member. We’ve
had only one meeting, and our goals remain a touch nebulous, but our
mandate includes reaching out to see what needs to get done.
Paths, yes, everywhere paths! But what else do you think is important?
Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- Where are pedestrians unsafe?
- Do we need more pedestrian crossings? Where?
- What do you need to ride your bike to work?
- What do you think of bikes and transit? Do they work well together?
- Does your bike need a repair? Still? How come?
- Do you find it hard to lock up? Where? What could be done about that?
- What about bikes and schools? How is that relationship working out?
Leave a comment or drop me a line at adam at westonweb.ca if you have input.