The City Manager has issued his review and has recommended cuts to Toronto services to balance the budget deficit. Among the possible cuts that might affect Westonians:
- Elimination of the neighbourhood improvement fund that reduces graffiti, funds murals, and employs young people in Weston
- Grants to the Weston BIA
- Closure of some branches of the library system
- A reduced number of police officers
- Additional fares or reduced service on the 352 and 313 late-night busses and service reductions on the 59 Maple Leaf bus
- Reduced snow clearing and reduced grass cutting in parks
Councillor Nunziata will be holding a public meeting to hear residents’ input on Thursday, September 15, at the York Civic Centre: 2700 Eglinton Ave. West. The meeting will begin at 7 pm.