Shakespeare in Action’s performance of the Lorde song, ‘Royals’ as applied to Lady Macbeth.
Shakespeare in Action is looking for new talent to assist in providing programs for young people. They’re looking for people with skills in teaching/education, music, spoken word, hip hop dance, rap, classical text, clown, and more. Those hired will join a roster of talent working in four capacities:
- Running experiential workshops in schools (with commitments on a day-by-day basis)
- Leading groups in the TD Shakespeare for Kids Library Club (commitment of 6 Saturdays required)
- Performing in touring and mainstage productions (commitment of 4 to 6 weeks)
- Being part of an exciting new program “Shakespeare Hip Hop Fusion” in association with the Toronto Public Library. Participants will serve as instructors and mentors to youth aged 13-17, helping to teach Shakespearean text, rap, hip hop dance, and/or spoken word.
Applicants will be asked to perform two of the following (of your choice):
- a classical monologue
- a song or rap
- an original piece of text
- a piece of spoken word or poem
- a contemporary monologue
Auditions will be held on Thursday October 11th, 2018. Successful applicants will be trained on October 23rd and 24th.
For more information, click here.