St John the Evangelist community meeting
The school board will be holding a community meeting at St John the Evangelist school on Tuesday, December 6th at 7pm.
Agenda – The board will be updating our community on all temporary accommodation options for students considered by staff.
CSAC will have a table in the Gym to help answer concerns and to gather more emails in an effort to advocate for a replacement school, not just an addition to our 1953 building which already has an addition.
Weston Historical Society Hymn Sing
Navigating the University and College Application Process: a Presentation by the Toronto Employment & Social Services
Applying to a university or college can be competitive and complex.
Universities usually receive more applications than they can accept.
This information session will:
- describe the university and college application process, including information about application
- deadlines and fees
- discuss the various financial supports available, such as Second Career and ASETS
- explain how to get your post secondary transcripts
For more information or to register, please call 416 394-1016 or register in person
Thursday, December 8th
Toronto Public Library, Weston Branch
2 King Street
Post-Secondary Application Deadline is coming. Register for a FREE information session today!
UrbanArts Winter Expo
The Winter Expo is an exhibition of dance, music, spoken word and visual arts created by the participants in our After School Arts Programs, as well as other artists in the community.
The expo will be December 8 at 6 pm, the LEF at 1267 Weston Road.
COMMUNITY MEETING ABOUT ART IN WESTON and MOUNT DENNIS! Dec 9 2010 Time: 3:30-5:30pm
Neighbourhood Arts Toronto
The community meeting is our stepping off point where we will ask questions and learn more about Weston and Mt. Dennis’ creative scene. The meeting will be a good opportunity for participants to hear more about what’s happening in their local area and will help us better understand how people value the arts. There will be food and we promise to make it fun!
Place: Weston Library, 2 King Street
We want to know:
- How do people participate in the arts? By this we mean all kinds of art forms including music, dance, spoken word, media arts, poetry, visual arts, hip hop, theatre, crafts, photography, painting, murals and mash ups of all the above.
- What goes on in places dedicated to the arts like galleries and theatres but also what gets created in homes, courtyards, church basements, community centres, common rooms, parks and alleys?
- How do people hear about what’s going on in Weston and Mt.Dennis?
- Where are new ideas coming from?
- Who are the people making things happen in Weston and Mt.Dennis?
- What is Weston and Mt. Dennis’s best kept creative secret?
We’re organizing a community meeting because we want to meet:
- People who attend arts events in Weston and Mt.Dennis and/or in other parts of the city
- People who participate in arts projects or create their own work and enjoy the arts for the love of it
- Professional artists who live and/or work in Weston and Mt.Dennis
- Artists who have recently moved to Canada and have made Weston and Mt.Dennis their home
- Anyone who lives and/or works in Weston and Mt.Dennis and is interested in creative activities in the neighbourhood
What Can You Do?
- Help us promote the community meeting by passing the word via your networks
- Help us identify artists, arts groups and community agencies using the arts
- Attend the meeting and contribute to the discussion
- Agree to an interview in the new year (we’ll contact you in January to set up a time)
Pearls of Wisdom Fundraiser for York West Active Living Centre: